21 July 2008

First post as "First Lady"....

Okay, I'm totally not crazy about that term (First Lady) when referring to the Lead Pastor's wife. So, I was using it kind of facetiously. I heard a few people throwing it around last night. That and "Sister Hlavin"--I don't think so, folks.

I just want to begin by saying that Aaron and I were so humbled and overwhelmed by the amazing show of support that we received from the Freedom Christian membership last night at our election. You guys are amazing and we are really looking forward to serving you. Its a calling that we consider an honor and a privilege and we do not take lightly. We are very excited about the future.

For those who don't know me very well, I like to write. Most of my thoughts, stories and ideas end up on paper--or the internet. I consider my writing style laid back and my sense of humor fairly self-deprecating. My motto is: Point out your own shortcomings before someone else does. (I'm kidding--that's the self-deprecating-sense-of-humor-thing.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and let everyone know that, ideally, I intend to update my blog several times a week. I also have an older MySpace site that contains blog entries (most of that is pretty vapid stuff, so if you're bored and need to kill time check it out http://www.myspace.com/jhlav)

3 comments:

IssaBeth said...

Jaime,
I was wondering if blogspot has a friend thing like everywhere else.....I have one here too. I guess we're cheating on myspace!
melissa

Netta said...

Congrats on your new assignment!...
and "First Lady" is way better than "Sister"...
although you could always choose to go with "Jaime, Queen of all Freedom!"

Mary Beth said...

I like, "Jaime, Queen of all Freedom!"

Good one Netta!

Welcome to the blogspot world. AND YEA for your new ministry opportunity.