02 February 2009

Tusk, tusk...

Kayla came home from school today with a paper "beaver-like" creature on a popsicle stick that pops out of a Dixie cup.

When asked what is was, she answered, "Its a warthog, Mom."

"Honey, I don't think its a warthog. It looks like a beaver."

"NO MOM! Its a WARTHOG!!!"

"No, baby...I don't think...." (why I even engage in these arguments, I'll never know...)

"Yes it is, Mom! He comes out of his hole and sees his shadow...."

"Oh, a GROUNDHOG, you mean."

"Oh yeah, that's what it is. But I'm gonna keep callin' it a warthog."

Whatever, kid.

2 comments:

Christine Tyson said...

Warthog day....I like the sound of that! Hee hee...

jason said...

If the warthog gores you upon coming out of his pen, there will be another 6 weeks of winter... and then we have to put you down... like Old Yeller... darn javelinas...