16 March 2009

A Bucket List of sorts...

I've been rather verbose lately, so I'll keep it simple today.

Keep a running list of things that you want to do/accomplish before you die and cross them off as you complete them.

My list is only 13 items long, because I often have trouble thinking more than 24 hours in advance. I get tangled up in the details of the next 5 minutes.

However, since I LOVE to cross things off lists, this particular activity has been fun for me. I evaluate my list at the beginning of each year to see if there's anything I can cross off from the previous year and to determine if there are items on it that look surmountable for the next twelve months.

And while this exercise may seem like a no-brainer for many people, I only wrote my list two years ago - when I turned 30.

Better late than never, I guess!

****

And what in the world? Yesterday, in the first service at church, my husband, with his fabulous grasp of the English language, confused "prostrate" with "prostate."

After he said it, I sat there stunned for a moment with my eyes wide, waiting for anyone else to notice. Then of course I began giggling because, apparently, I'm a ten year old boy deep down inside.

Then he realized he said it and corrected and made fun of himself.

The ridiculousness of the situation here, is that he and I made fun of an old friend of ours for doing that years ago.

Unreal. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

jason said...

Maybe its the initials P. and A. when placed together as a descriptor. I recall Pastor Angelo talking about "Laying prostrate before the lord..." years ago. Maybe God's a urologist??

Lois said...

Ha!! I've always half expected that to happen!! so funny! (I must be part 10 year old boy, too...you should see me in class when something like that happens and I can't stifle the laughter!! I'll send you an email about a ridiculous one I said!!)

Netta said...

I'm crackin' up! What a great mistake to make. It sounds like something that belongs in the "Bulletin Bloopers!" ha!