13 March 2009

"Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them..."

Its not often that I get to quote my boy Smitty in a blog post.

And yes, I know that calling him Smitty and quoting him in the title of this post makes me really old and out of touch. Eh, so be it. I like to think its endearing.

Anyway, last summer, I met a wonderful woman named Netta. And while our face to face interaction was only brief, she has really touched my life on many different levels over this past year via the internet. (What a brave new world in which we live.)

Her husband, Chilly, really wants a new bible. So because I like Netta so much - and Chilly's okay, too - I'm entering this contest.

(Actually, Chilly is pretty neat, too. I like him because he pressures my husband to man up in regards to his beverage choices - that's not the only reason I like him.)

So, here's the link: COOL BIBLE

So I say to myself, Good luck and Godspeed.

3 comments:

David Porter said...

Thanks for stopping by the "Boomer in the Pew" blog to register for the new ESV Study Bible. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog, as much as I enjoyed my stop by yours!

If you like, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed, so that we may interact now and then.

L0r@ said...

I just sang the title of your blog to Jason, and thought you should know.

Also, is it just me, or is $240 pretty steep for a bible? Now, if it was $240 worth of pudding...that would be another thing entirely. ;)

Netta said...

You are so sweet! And Hilarious! We're totally cracking' up!
Love you!