11 May 2009

The best Mother's Day gift ever...

We celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday because Sundays aren't always so relaxing in our world.

My gift this year was an uninterrupted, two and a half hour nap, a spotless kitchen, a Coke Slurpee, some Doritos, lovely handmade cards and a huge gift bag full of some of my favorite things (Target gift card, scrapbooking supplies, etc.)

The nap was by far, my favorite part. Of all the things I've lost since becoming a mother (getting paid monetarily for hard work, the ability to have full conversations with my husband, spontaneous trips to Starbucks during late hours of the night, leaving the house after 8 p.m., my mind) I miss my naps the most.

That being said, I wouldn't trade this life for the world.


P.S. Look closely at Kayla's tat on her bicep. Awesome.

6 comments:

jason said...

I'm glad you got to have a nice day. :o)

Netta said...

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
(and I hear ya about the "nap" thing!)

Mary Beth said...

I read an article online this week regarding a survey about what a Mother REALLY wants for Mother's Day.

Number one answer.... SLEEP!

So glad you were able to have a few hours in lala land. Nothing better for the body, mind, and spirit.

Melissa said...

awe ;) xoxo

L0r@ said...

I totally can't make out the tat... what is it??

Coke slurpees are probably the greatest thing in the whole world. I'm so glad you got one.

jason said...

FOrgot to mention that that picture is pretty great too. Am i right in assuming Kayla is watching TV in it? It looks like her zombie face.

(My verification word is santstsm... I almost typed satanism reflexively)