16 August 2009

Back to life, back to reality...

Our week at General Council followed by a week of vacation is winding down. We had a wonderful time but I'm looking forward to getting back into our routine...as soon as the Heating and Cooling guy comes tomorrow and extracts me from the sweltering temperature of my house. It feels like Orlando in my living room.

Our a/c is not working correctly and it's currently 88 degrees upstairs. That's why we're holed up in the basement where its a good 10-15 degrees cooler.

Anyway, GC09 was amazing! Aaron and I were so blessed to be able to attend the Influence seminar where speakers, including Mark Batterson, Beth Moore, Reggie Joiner and Ed Young Jr., shared insights on leadership. The Council itself was unbelievable as well. National FAF was great - those students who went from our church did well (Go Anna! Go Caleb! Go Diamond!) It was a terrific week.

Then we followed it up with a some Disney Time. We kicked it off with a stroll through Downtown Disney with members of the extended Hlavin family who hail from Florida. Dinner at an amazing restaurant called T-Rex proved to be extremely traumatic for Karis. While I thought it was funny, the more tenderhearted members of the family (Aaron and my father-in-law) didn't find it as amusing.

Over the next several days we packed in swimming at the pool, Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom, a meal at "Emeril's" at the Universal Studios City Walk, Disney's Animal Kingdom, the Spectro Magic Parade and fireworks over Cinderella's castle.











All in all, it couldn't have been a more perfect time away. General Council was refreshing and inspiring...we really enjoyed being ministered to. And our vacation time with our family was ideal. The girls were extremely well-behaved and made the time enjoyable.

I wish I could give you a complete play-by-play of the whole experience, but that would be extremely self-absorbed on my part and extremely tedious and dull for you. So, I'll sum it up with a quote from my daughter Kayla, "All my dreams came true on this vacation!"

4 comments:

Christina said...

So did you buy any extra treasures for your girls why you were down there. I know you bought a bunch before you went but I would be to tempted to buy more.

jason said...

That pic of Kayla with the wand coming at me in almost 3-D is pretty cool. And is Aaron's head skin bald now?
Third comment/question: the T-Rex restaurant looks awesome.

Karen said...

Jaime - could you have found a worse picture of me??? Yikes!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Jaime could you have found a worse picture of me!?!?!? Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! I still love you:-)