10 November 2009

Brain Dump Tuesday

I have a confession.

I think Aaron is really funny. For whatever reason, I feel like its necessary to act like I don't, but I really do! I constantly laugh at his ridiculousness.

A lot of people who attend our church think he's really funny in his messages on Sundays. But that's not even the really funny stuff. In fact, I think his "pulpit jokes" are usually pretty lame. Its the insane stuff that makes me laugh so hard I cry.

For example, Karis got this for her birthday:



And do you have any idea the type of nonsense he's recorded on that thing? Right now, I won't let the kids play with it because I'm afraid they'll delete what is on it. (In case you're dying to know, its him singing in a really eery voice, "I love chicken popcorn..." which I'm not even sure what that means, but its hilarious! I'm laughing right now as I type this).

After reading what I just wrote, maybe he's not that funny. Maybe I just have a really weird sense of humor and he's learned how to cater to it over the years.

Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure what that's it.

***

As you may have heard, Kayla hates Gym Class for two reasons:
1.) She hates doing "gym stuff" (her words) because she's not good at it
2.) She has gotten numerous "time-outs" for talking while she's supposed to be doing "gym stuff"

She has begged me to allow her to stay home on Tuesdays - Gym Day.

Incidentally, the entire Warren Consolidate School District had last Tuesday off due to elections. Kayla declared that it was an answer to her prayers. (Great. What do I do with that?)

This week she wanted to "take Tuesday as a vacation day." Awesome. When I said no, she later on tried to trick me by listing all the outfits she wanted to wear this week - Tuesday's being a dress, leggings and her suede boots. I almost agreed before I realized she was trying to get out of gym by "forgetting" her tennis shoes!

Well, last night, she gave herself a doozy of a bloody nose. I'm not making this up: She kneed herself in the nose. Yes. Her knee made heavy impact at a high velocity with her nose.

Anyway, when she awoke this morning, the nose was gushing again. It took me a while to get it to stop. Then I said to her, "Be careful today in gym so your nose doesn't start bleeding again."

Her reply was, "Maybe you should just let me stay home or write me a note to get out of gym."

She's really working every angle of this. I started to think she kneed herself in the nose on purpose. But then quickly realized that it was a fairly athletic feat that she'd performed and just knew it must have been an accident due to her her skill level in "gym stuff."


***

And finally, I think I've spent a lot of time this afternoon making a pot of soup for dinner that no one is going to like. It was kind of something I made up as I went.

Every time I've ever done that its been a monumental failure. When am I going to learn that I am not my mother and that I've disappointed her in so many ways (for proof, click here) ? She's in heaven shaking her head at me in disgust as I type this...

I'd better go now...my hideous soup is probably boiling over...like that would be such a crisis.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

LOL LOL! Brianna informed me from age 4 when we signed her up for t-ball and she picked dandelions out in right field instead of going for the ball...that she is not a SPORTS GIRL!

If it is any consolation... I have a wonderfully gifted, fun loving, Jesus loving young lady... who is still not a sports girl. :-)

Kayla is awesome.