12 November 2009

You guys all been good and practicin' real hard...so Santa'll bring you a new saxophone?

Last night on the way to church, a particular version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" came on the radio...for the 53rd time that day.

Halfway through the song, Kayla declared, "I don't like this song!"

"Why not?" I asked.

"What does this guy think? That he's the boss or something?"

"Why do you ask that?" I was completely unable to stifle my hysterical laughter.

"Because he's all bossin' people around! 'Ya better watch out! Ya better not cry!' Its like he thinks he's The Boss or something!"

She still doesn't understand why I thought she was so funny.

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town (Radio Version) - Bruce Springsteen

1 comment:

jason said...

Wow, that's awesome. You should tell her that he's not onlt the boss, but that he also looks kinda like Grandpa (dad) in certain older pictures... just kind of...

Of course, if I ever have kids they will know all about Bruce and all other good music right from the womb... or I will disown them... or feed them to a dingo... ;o)

(That last sentence was kind of Dwight Schrutish)