16 December 2009

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

A couple of years ago I wrote this and I'm feeling moved to revisit the concept.

So here you go...the 2009 Edition of Jaime's Favorite Things.

This year, I discovered Method Eucalyptus Mint Bathroom Cleaning Products at Target. I could just leave it at that because anything found at Target is worth it's weight in gold. But, of course, I won't just leave it at that. Because I can't. I'm not good at leaving well enough alone. I LOVE these bathroom cleaners. Aside from working very well and being priced reasonably, the smell takes me back to my grandmother's bathroom during my early childhood. Although I'm confused as to why the smell of my grandmother's bathroom has such a profound nostalgic bond in my psyche. Anyway. And the products are eco-friendly.

My epidermis is showing. And it's not pretty. Dermatitis afflicted and keratosis pilaris tormented, I've recently started using Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It is glorious. Ahhhhhh-veeno.

In 2009, I said good-bye to big, frizzy hair...for the most part. I've searched the world over (not really) and have had little success finding much that could make my hair less large. But I found something that works fairly well in Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. And it smells so good that every time I do my hair, I have to remind myself that this product is not suitable for human consumption.

Back in 1996, I discovered Wet n Wild Lipliner Pencil 666. I stopped using it when it was no longer cool to line your lips in a dark color and fill them in with a near non-existent, pinkish shade. But I've recently started using it again (in a much subtler way than I did a decade and a half ago). The beauty of this particular shade is that it looks different on every type of complexion and face and yet is flattering to every face and complexion (make up artists agree...I googled it). Who said the Number of the Beast was all that bad, anyway? (Just kidding...please don't jump down my throat for that).

Another 2009 product discovery made me want to eat my children after bathing them with Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Wash. It is so delicious. I even use it on my 5 year old and sometimes myself.

I used to give Kayla a bath every morning. Then I decided to stop making my life a living nightmare and do it before bed. However, Kayla tends to sweat a bit at night and her hair would lose that freshly washed smell by morning. That is until I started using Suave Kids 2-in-1 Smoothers Mango Orange. This stuff is awesome. It cuts through the "sweaty-little-kid-smell" like gangbusters. (I'm not sure what "gangbusters" are but I've always wanted to use that word and it seemed appropriate here).

Apparently I've passed down some type of generational curse to my daughters in the way of sensitive skin. During the winter months they both suffer with dry, itchy eczema. Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisturizer is extremely helpful and makes it so I'm not constantly lathering them in prescription strength hydrocortisone.

In November, I decided to join the Godiva Chocolate Rewards Club at Lakeside Mall. It's free to join and you get a free piece of candy each month. All you have to do is give them your phone number. When I gave the lovely clerk my digits, I learned that my husband had joined back in June and never told me! We had words that day.

Hope you're having a terrific Christmas Season and focusing on the things that really matter...and my list of favorite things, of course.

1 comment:

Netta said...

Jaime!
What a fun post!

We, too, use the Suave 2-n-1, but my kids select the smell... so it's different each time.

My fav lotion is "Utter Cream" ... to be used ALL over.And I have a hard time finding it in Michigan. Used to find it everywhere in Ohio.

I'll be on the look out for the satanic lip liner. :) Sounds like something I'd like.

Have a great Christmas Week!
Love ya!