14 April 2010

Temperamental

According to Wikipedia, the "Four Temperaments" is a theory of psychology that stems from the ancient medical concept of "humorism" (the theory of the makeup and workings of the human body adopted by Greek and Roman philosophers and physicians involving black bile, yellow bile, phlegm and blood. Lovely, I know).

And thus the idea of the temperaments: melancholy, choleric, phlegmatic and sanguine. You can find all kinds of online tests to determine which categorizes you best. However, take it with a grain of salt and don't feel pigeonholed by it. By all accounts, I fall into the "choleric/melancholy" temperament description. Google it if you want to find out what a complicated mess I am. Just kidding.

If I labeled myself as such, I'd find that due to the introspective, perfectionistic, introverted nature of this particular temperament, I'd have more bad days than good.

But I'm not into locking myself into something and not giving any wiggle room to personal growth and the grace of God.

I have a friend who has the tagline on her blog: "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day." I love it. And I'm choosing to adopt it as my personal motto in an effort to override my tendency toward melancholy moods.

Tuesday's Good Things:

1. My Daniel Bible Study ladies. Best two hours of my day.

2. The two guys on Jeopardy! who frantically clicked their "buttons" with such ferocity and gesticulation that it was hilariously ridiculous.

3. Vegging out on the couch with Aaron watching LOST.

Wednesday's Good Things (so far):

1. Skipping Karis's swimming lesson because I simply cannot endure 30 minutes of screaming, temper tantrum/wrestling match.

2. Instead, going to Meijer and finding a cute hoodie on clearance. (Yeah, I bought clothes at Meijer. Don't judge me.)

Here's hoping for more "good things" to add to my list today!

No comments: