15 June 2010

I want to be like her when I grow up...

So, I told myself I wasn't going to brag about this. But I just can't contain it any longer.

Last Thursday, Kayla came home from school with an award called the "Young Hero Award."

She received it in "recognition of exemplary behavior and leadership" for the 2009-2010 school year. One student from each class was selected to receive this award. She was chosen out of 27 kindergartners in her class.

To be the recipient of the Green Acres Young Hero Award, one must have:

"...consistently displayed dignity and moral integrity. This student has been a role model for other students, and has personally chosen to respect all people, spend time helping others, and model leadership qualities. The above student has chosen to make the world a better place and has chosen to be a 'young hero.'"

I am so proud of her. At the same time, I am so humbled. I don't know if the same can be said about me. I want that for my life. And with God's help, I trust that I can be.

I will be a "thirtysomething hero."

Now, I'm mocking. But seriously.

My heart's desire is for some day to stand before the throne of God and hear Him say, "Jaime, you have accepted my Son as your Savior. In doing so, you have consistently displayed dignity and moral integrity. You were a role model for others in the way that you chose to respect and help others. The world was a better place because of the way that you modeled these qualities before others. Well done, good and faithful servant..."

And yet again, I am wrecked by the principles of my 6 year-old.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

I think this is absolutely fabulous and in some way is a measure of your role in her life as well. She certainly wouldn't be the kind of child she is without your (and Aaron's) influence raising her.

She's amazing and will be able to do great amazing things when she is older. Be a proud mama :)

And it's okay to want to be like her ;)

Mary Beth said...

Brag away... she deserves it and so do you. You're doing a great job, Momma!