28 February 2011

Simple Monday...

I'm "stealing" this format from a friend of mine since sometimes I have a hard time focusing on what to focus on. I figured if I do this on Mondays, it might help motivate me to write more frequently throughout the rest of the week. We'll see about that.

Outside my window...is cold, ugly, slushy, melting snow. It's way colder out than I thought. I learned that this morning after it felt like my brain froze from the wind. Do you know that feeling? Almost like you need to chip the ice layer from your frontal lobe? Maybe it's just me.

I am thinking...that I really need to get on that treadmill. PBS can't babysit Karis all day.

I am thankful for...a 6 year old who appreciates a set of parents that love and care for her - to the deepest level she's capable of appreciating. She is only 6 after all.

From the kitchen...an apple cinnamon candle is burning. We gave it to my a mother-in-law as a gift a few years ago. She gave it back to me, because my father-in-law suffers from INSANE asthma attacks when candles are burned in his home. Which reminds me of a time, years ago, before smoking was outlawed in public places: we were in a smoky coffee house with my in-laws and he began having one of his famous asthma attacks. These attacks are epic: obnoxiously loud coughing and extreme gagging. It's quite a sight to behold. In the middle of the poor man trying to breathe, Aaron declared, "Dad! Knock it off! You're embarrassing us!"

I am wearing.... gorgeous polka-dot fleece pajama pants and a long sleeve gray T-shirt.

I am creating...boards/mattes for Kayla's art. She's in a class on Saturdays and has done some really good pieces. She wants to have an art show this summer, so I bought some foam core board. I'm in the process of mounting the pieces on the board.

I am going...to the bookstore today to return extra study guides.

I am reading...Decision Points by George W. Bush and Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It is taking me a while, because lately I have a hard time wading through non-fiction. I think my brain is atrophying.

I am hoping...to get caught up on a lot of things that got put on the back burner over Winter Break.

I am hearing...the furnace kick on. Thank the Lord. It is freezing in here.

Around the house...it's quiet and tidy. I rearranged the living room last week and added my mom's curio cabinet to the living room. The room seems cozy now. I'm reclaiming it from the children. I needed an "adult room" in my house again. They have been banished from this room.

One of my favorite things...my new pink Copco Travel Mug. I'm a simple person.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Spaghetti & Meatballs; Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman; Mom2Mom Sale organizing; editing/proofreading a website; Life Group; continue to learn/experiment with new church software; my friend's birthday; Green Room; church...just a couple of things.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: Kayla & Aaron before the Daddy/Daughter Hawaiian Luau at School. She wanted her hair straightened for the event. I obliged her since I now own an incredible device for doing so. I attempted to straighten Aaron's as well - it didn't go so well. This pic makes me laugh because Kayla looks like she's in pain and Aaron looks maniacal.

1 comment:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

HAHA!! I can totally hear Aaron telling his dad that. :)

And yes, she does look like she's in pain and he looks evil. :)

And I'm #3 on the waiting list for Decision Points from the library. It would've been #30, but I opted for the large print. After reading the other books, in small print, my eyes are revolting. ;)