07 March 2011

Simple Monday...

Outside my window...it's bright and sunny and maybe, just MAYBE, some snow will melt.

I am thinking...about a friend who just lost her dad. I am so sorry for her loss and am praying for her.

I am thankful for...my own dad and the evolution of our relationship over the past two years.

From the kitchen...it's clean and tidy. Maybe I'll make cookies this afternoon when Kayla gets home from school.

I am wearing....jeans and a plaid, zip-up hoodie.

I am creating...STILL working on those art boards!

I am going...to pick up Kayla later. I just got back from coffee and watching-crazy-kids-in-the-play-area-at-the-mall with a dear friend who was such an important part of some of the best years of my life.

I am reading...still picking away at Decision Points and Outliers. Although, last week I chaperoned a Library Field Trip for March Is Reading Month! at school. Since I got there a few minutes early, I picked up a novel. Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" - it was an easy, brainless read and can easily be summed up as "'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' meets 'The Notebook.'" I'm ashamed that I've become so shallow in my literary choices.

I am hoping...that Karis will wake up from her nap pleasantly refreshed and devoid of all nastiness and screaming. Yesterday was a long, napless day and I'm severely paying for it now.

I am hearing...the dryer. It's laundry day. Woo hoo! Clean clothes! We can stop turning our underwear inside out! Just kidding. Or am I?

Around the house...the phone just rang with a "private caller" number. I answered it. It was an automated recording of a guy named Lloyd telling me his personal testimony of drug addiction and pathway to knowing Christ. It was strange. I've never had that happen before. (I know that was kind of a stretch for the "around the house" topic but I felt compelled to share that. Sorry.)

One of my favorite things...Hazelnut coffee from the Coffee Beanery. I'm not a big fan of flavored coffees, but I can't resist the Beanery's hazelnut. I had some today at Lakeside Mall.

A few plans for the rest of the week: maybe a funeral viewing, write some stuff for the church website, actually organize my mom2mom stuff and mail in my rental fee, a couple of 1/2 days of school, write my Engage Women's Ministry Newsletter (yikes! It's already March 7th! I'm so behind!), EACH prayer meeting...you know - a week in the life of us.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:
Us at a Michigan State Football game at Ford Field. I love football so much that I can only remember one detail about that day...but my husband would kill me if I wrote about it here. Sorry. Don't ask, even though I know you're dying to...

2 comments:

Work in progress said...

I like your Monday blog style. :)

I must say I thought I had heard the best of what things are now automated. I can honestly say I never thought the Gospel would be delivered that way! Must have to be a Pastor to get a call like that?!? :)I only get the ones saying I don't need provable profit or capital to get massive business loans. And of course the messages from Edison telling me to bring the dogs in because they will be reading the meters.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Oh great, now I need to go and check out The Host. I like the fluff investing my brain. But How dare you put a picture out there and NOT tell us about it!!!! You stinker!!