13 June 2011

My brain has officially stopped functioning creatively...

So, please accept my apologies. We have a big, fat vacation coming up here in a little bit, so maybe some R&R will rejuvenate my creativity. With that said, enjoy:

Outside my window...an absolutely GORGEOUS day. We (Karis and I) just spent the past several hours at a birthday party for one of Karis's friends. Sprinkler and play structure heaven.

I am thinking...that due to the awesomeness of said party, nap time is going to overlap into picking-up-Kayla-time...so we may be in for a bit of a rude awakening for young Karis Layne.

I am thankful for...my wonderful, encouraging husband who gave me the nicest set of the most sincere compliments I've ever received yesterday.

From the kitchen...birthday party clutter - goodie bag, balloon, squirt gun, beach towel, sunscreen.

I am wearing...grey shorts and a white T-shirt. I really don't deviate from this trend very much, do I?

I am creating...a master scheme for the rest of the week. (insert evil genius laugh here > )

I am going...to pick Kayla up from school, bring home one of her friends from school for some girl hangout time, heat up some leftovers for me and the kids (Aaron has credential interviews and presbyter meetings all day and into the evening - potentially late into the night, so dinner will be boring. Who am I kidding? Dinner is always boring...), play outside, eat a freezer pop, finish up some laundry and MAKE SOME LISTS! Woohoo!

I am reading...the same stinkin' W autobiography I've been picking away at for months.

I am hoping...that by some miracle I finish this stinkin' W autobiography.

I am hearing...the washer and dryer. Yay! Clean underwear for my family again!

Around the house...laundry needs to be folded and put away. Seriously. Three of these categories have had to do with laundry. When was the last time I did laundry? This really shouldn't consume so much of my life...

One of my favorite things...Dannon Greek yogurt. Plain. Mixed with honey and granola. Yeah. I know, right? I hated it a few months ago. But I've discovered a way to love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Eh...no one cares about my schedule. I'm busy. You're busy. We're all busy. And we're all sick and tired of hearing how busy we all are. So let's just all deal. Spoken with the love the Lord, of course. ;)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:

Aaron took this picture while were out to dinner at Olive Garden one time. We call it "One Angry Meatball." And yes, we really do call it that. I'm not just making that up for writer's effect.

2 comments:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

That is one angry meatball!! :)

K.Connell said...

That is hilarious!! I thought it was a picture of a weird and indistinguishable alien!! Haha...