25 July 2011

Something is better than nothing...

Yes. Thank you for realizing how profound the title of this post is.

I am thinking...that I would feel much better if I took something for this sinus pressure. But my track record shows that if I do, I will inevitably end up with a sinus infection within several days. I don't know why. It just happens.

I am thankful for...sprinklers

From the kitchen...the sound of the dishwasher.

I am wearing...yep, you guessed it - a gray T-shirt and gray shorts! Woo hoo! I'm the life of the fashion party! Somebody bring me the lampshade!

I am creating...stuff for a baby shower!! Really cute favors.

I am going...maybe to Bath and Body Works to pick up some stuff for prizes for the shower - if my head doesn't explode before then.

I am reading...a real life murder mystery that my mother-in-law loaned me. It goes along the lines of that whole "looking-forward-to-watching-Dateline" thing that we're doing here in my home these days.

I am hoping...to get lots of stuff accomplished this week, including preparing for Life Group Wednesday night!

I am hearing...the washer and dryer. Another Monday. Another day of clean underwear. (Three of my Simple Monday items have to do with water usage. Uh-oh. I need to hide the water bill when it arrives. I'm kidding. I don't hide bills from my husband).

Around the house...is utter silence. Which, as I've mentioned before, frightens me to the core of my being.

One of my favorite things...calling Aaron "Boehner" (pronounced BAY-ner) when he gets emotional.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Everybody's busy and nobody really cares. So I won't bore you with the mundane details of my iCal.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing:

My 1988 edition of Webster's II New Riverside University Dictionary with my name engraved on it. Don't be jealous, haters.

No comments: