01 October 2011

This show was filmed before a live studio audience...

Yeah...I'd say that it's absolutely ridiculous that I haven't written in over a month. Apparently the back-to-school adjustment was a little harder than I realized.

And after all of that, the only thing I want to talk about is how much I hate "laugh tracks." I didn't realize how much I hated this production tool until last week while watching the pilot episode of a new sitcom. I turned it off 5 minutes into the show because the laugh track was grating on my nerves that badly.

I guess find it insulting that sitcom makers think I'm too stupid to know when to laugh. So since I'm too stupid to make my own comedy choices, a recording of a bunch people yuckin' it up is inserted at points in the dialogue deemed humorous. And half the time, what was just said wasn't funny at all. (Or maybe I just have a really odd sense of humor.)

That's why I appreciate comedy that allows me to choose when I laugh and when I do not. A big gold star should be given to whoever decided to go away from the "laugh track."

3 comments:

Christina said...

Ahhahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahaha Hohohohohoh Heeeee.....Okay, sorry I had to insert my own "laugh track". I do understand and they are sometimes horribly noticeable.

Carolynne said...

Was this on Whitney? Their laugh track is really obnoxious.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

You would definitely not need a laugh track. :)