28 November 2011

I'm going to brag a little...

Last Black Friday, my husband was a rock star and braved Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store where he got a screamin' deal on the Cricut Expression. Best. Christmas. Gift. Ever.

Aside from taking my scrapbookin' to a new level, it has enabled me to create really neat things. And I'm kind of proud these two in particular:

Earlier this month, I made a banner for Karis's 4th Birthday Shindig and I was really delighted with how it turned out.




My loved ones will be less than thrilled with me for posting this photo of gluttony. But it was a really great shot of the banner.

I used Accent Essentials and the Mickey Font on colored card stock and Hello Kitty paper. I attached the circles to the string with really cute silver flower brads.


A few days ago, I made this Advent Calendar. The girls are really excited about it...so am I.

Each numbered tube leading up to Christmas has a tissue paper-wrapped surprise inside. A handful of the surprises are candy or fun Christmas activities including craft ideas, a Christmas movie night, a drive through the neighborhood to look at lights, cookie baking, etc.

But the rest of the activities are more benevolent in an effort to teach my kids to be less self-consumed. These include making a Christmas card for the little girl in Uganda that we sponsor, making presents for teachers at church, sorting through hats and scarves to donate to a charity, shopping for the Trees of Hope at our church, etc.

For this I used the Christmas Village and Jasmine Font as well as assorted papers from a few different Christmas Stacks I've accumulated over the years. Inside the paper tubes, the activities are written on little scrolls of vellum sealed shut with Christmas stickers.



4 comments:

scraps_n_stuff said...

cute! I LOVE my cricut!!!

Christina said...

Who knew you could be so crafty?! Love it!

Nina Bunk said...

jaime
you amaze me!! can my kids just come stay with you until the day before christmas?? they will be good i promise!
I love my cricut too, look for cartridges on ebay, they are way cheaper!!
i may steal a few of your ideas though!

Netta said...

Go, Crafty Girl!
So cute.
Hugs!