31 October 2012

Unglued: Making Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions

I looked up the word "unglued" in the dictionary. While the definition didn't create much of a visual, I loved the idioms that were listed:
a. to become upset, disorganized, or confused; lose emotional control
b. to disintegrate or collapse; fall apart

Can you relate? I certainly can. Been there, done that. But I recently finished reading President of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lisa TerKeurst's Unglued: Making Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions and have discovered some very helpful tools to use on my own personal journey of "imperfect progress."

She gives honest insight and advice into:

  • "...(knowing with) confidence how to resolve conflict in important relationships,
  • (finding) peace in difficult relationships while learning to be honest and kind when offended,
  • (identifying) what type of reactor you are,
  • (responding) with no regrets by managing our reactor tendencies,
  • (gaining) a sense of calm by responding to situations out of our control without acting out of control..."

It is my prayer that you, too, will benefit from this book as immensely as I did!

1 comment:

K.Connell said...

Wow! This book sounds like it is chock full of helpful and sound advice. I would love to read the book!