08 March 2013

Of Macaulay Culkin and my mom...

I patronize Tim Horton's several times a week. My beverage of choice always comes to $1.59. I generally pay the fee with a one dollar bill, two quarters and a dime.

Now hang with me.

Do you remember the scene in Home Alone where Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) is watching a black-and- white film called Angels with Filthy Souls? And the character takes out another character with a machine gun while laughing maniacally? If you do, then I'm sure you remember what the character says at the end of the clip.

My mother was notorious for quoting (mostly MISquoting) random, stupid lines from movies. This Home Alone quote was among her most oft recited.

Each and every time I pay for my medium coffee at Tim Horton's and I'm asked if I want the penny back from my monetary transaction, I politely decline. And then I roll the window up and say with a sneer,

"Keep the change, ya filthy animal."

And I smile because I like to think that I just made her laugh.

1 comment:

Converge Coaching said...

Like your blog ... Funny!