18 March 2013

Redeemed...

REDEMPTION [ri-demp-shuh n]
noun

1. an act of redeeming or atoning for a fault or mistake, or the state of being redeemed.
2. deliverance; rescue.
3. Theology. deliverance from sin; salvation.
4. atonement for guilt.
5 repurchase, as of something sold

_____________________________________________

Once upon a time, I made a huge, ugly mess of my life. Despite the fact that I was raised in a Christian home. And then Jesus rescued me.

That was many years ago, and I could be easily tempted to lose sight of or forget the price He paid.

For as many things that I've gotten wrong along this Christian journey of mine, the one thing I've gotten right is how in touch I am with this unfathomable act of redemption. I am almost daily moved to tears when I think of His sacrifice - the sinless One atoning for my immense guilt and becoming my unspeakable sin so that I could be delivered.

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us."
Ephesians 1:7-8

I just finished a book called Redeemed: Embracing A Transformed Life. In it, Kerry Clarensau details strategies for redeeming five areas of our lives.

But it all begins with embracing the Redeemer. We do this by:

1. Drinking in His Grace
2. Receiving the Fullness of His Love
3. Allowing His Word to Shape Our Thoughts, Attitudes and Behaviors
4. Being Aware of His Presence Every Moment

This is probably the second best book I've read on the subject (the Bible being the first). I encourage you to get your hands on a copy today! (I borrowed a copy from a friend, but ordered my own online because I want to read, reread and scribble copious notes in the margin and didn't think she'd appreciate that in her copy!)

Be blessed today! And never lose sight of your redemption!

And while I'm waiting for the book to arrive at my front door, I'll just listen to this on repeat:


1 comment:

Lonny J. Underwood said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the song today Jamie. It blessed me!