13 March 2013

Weird Confession Wednesday: I'm All Shook Up...


I was born August 11, 1976.

Elvis Presley died August 16, 1977. You do the math.

And yet, for some reason, during my formative years, I became an enormous fan of the King of Rock and Roll.

The following trivia, I rattle off from memory. Cross my heart:

Elvis Aron (or with two "A's," either way is correct.) was born January 8, 1935 to Vernon and Gladys Presley in Tupelo, Mississippi. His twin brother, Jesse Garon was stillborn. He served in the military. His manager's name was Colonel Tom Parker.

And I could go on. But I'll spare you.

My bedroom did not look like the typical 15 year old living in 1992. It was a flashback to 1956 complete with black and white matted pictures of Elvis (a huge poster of the picture at the top of this post adorned my wall) and all other types of trinkets and tchotchkes. Upon my graduation from high school, my parents presented me with three Elvis dolls, like the ones pictured below.
(My actual dolls were sold on eBay several years ago.)



But I'm over all that now in case any of this disturbed you in some way...


No comments: